Fishing Ports in early-July

Fishing friends,

I typically fish Point Breeze the last week of July. This year's trip, out of necessity, will be the first week of July (unless something unforeseen pops up). Are there better ports (further east? further west?) I know it's mid-summer; I know it's hit or miss no matter where I go, and whatever the weather/environmental conditions are; just wondering if anybody has a preferred port. around the 4th of July holiday. My last 2 trips out of Point Breeze have been sub-par, I'm willing to try other places, if there are ports which seem to produce well in late June/early July. 

thanks!

Edited by Esquared

16 hours ago, Esquared said:

Fishing friends,

I typically fish Point Breeze the last week of July. This year's trip, out of necessity, will be the first week of July (unless something unforeseen pops up). Are there better ports (further east? further west?) I know it's mid-summer; I know it's hit or miss no matter where I go, and whatever the weather/environmental conditions are; just wondering if anybody has a preferred port. around the 4th of July holiday. My last 2 trips out of Point Breeze have been sub-par, I'm willing to try other places, if there are ports which seem to produce well in late June/early July. 

thanks!

My mid summer pick... Bald Eagle 

My vote is for Sandy Creek.  We have placed a lot of Kings, Browns and Lakers over the years in the LOC from the little port of Sandy Creek.  The entire month of July is great in this area.  Here are some pictures of fish we have taken in July from Sandy.  

B16B49D2-FE0D-4688-9E42-84D312A0C2DF.jpeg

8414ADA7-5A4F-4605-BAF8-36C331CB9FC1.jpeg

BCCFB592-249E-4340-BB0A-F20AF6E53A76.jpeg

DF4DCCDF-B293-45B0-81DD-0038CD0ADD7D.jpeg

8661D866-9144-40BD-AE9F-34361CE920F1.jpeg

61C7E100-61AE-4C2D-930E-4F32A1156D88.jpeg

CA250B7C-22B6-464C-A8BD-1F0A34912459.jpeg

D9A97CA8-31D1-4E0B-9BC2-0722743E3A9F.jpeg

4B3D4F73-4781-4A8A-9F71-DD7F02BF1F1D.jpeg

3291A44F-1F7D-4FC3-A8AE-396669116315.jpeg

Edited by GAMBLER

And really , The Oak , Bald Eagle , or Sandy are all good mid lake , mid/early summer ports to fish out of. Can't go wrong with any of 

them IMO . Accomodations might be determining factor . 

Fishing lake wide wasn't great last year . 

52 minutes ago, HB2 said:

And really , The Oak , Bald Eagle , or Sandy are all good mid lake , mid/early summer ports to fish out of. Can't go wrong with any of 

them IMO . Accomodations might be determining factor . 

Fishing lake wide wasn't great last year . 

That's probably true considering they're not far apart. where do you stay reasonably priced.? If you are ok with trailer like accommodations North of the Ridge  is the place, If there are other options out of Sandy or Bald Eagle would like to know ? Thanks

1 hour ago, cheeseyrider said:

That's probably true considering they're not far apart. where do you stay reasonably priced.? If you are ok with trailer like accommodations North of the Ridge  is the place, If there are other options out of Sandy or Bald Eagle would like to know ? Thanks

There are hotels in Brockport - 10 minutes South of Sandy.  The part that separates Sandy from the rest is the availability of species.  When the king bite isn't there, we have one of the best stretches for browns and lakers on the South shore.  From Sandy to Braddock Bay, there are multiple shoals that hold fish