June 17... Started out deeper. Not a big fan of fishing in packs of boats. Temp was perfectly set up with targets around the many clouds of bait we marked. Ran Warrior magnums on divers and riggers, DW regular size on free sliders. I'm a "Match the hatch" guy... So natural colored baits .. glows at first light and then some silver flash patterns as the sun was higher.  I ran one 300 copper pulling a bullfrog slasher /white meat rig. The 300 took quite a few shots all day... Like the spoons, I changed the rig over to an "antique" flash slasher and meat rig. I love when the old stuff still produces ..

Sunday 18th was a carbon copy day pattern wise. The lake was considerably calmer, so I ran a 400 copper with a Mr Measles and a Blue Angle stud fly...along with the same 300 rig from the day before. 

No real monsters either day, but the folks left with some nice organic fillets, fins and grins...

Thing to note.... Lots of short bites and hook pulls... I attribute it to the fish not being super aggressive due to the large amount of bait. Stomachs were packed when I filleted our catch.

Good stretch of weather this week, hopefully the conditions remain the same. Good luck...

IMG_20230618_132848_231.jpg

IMG_20230618_132848_288.jpg

IMG_20230618_132848_303.jpg

IMG_20230618_132848_322.jpg

IMG_20230618_132848_367.jpg

• Like 5

On 6/21/2023 at 9:46 AM, REELDRAG2 said:

I really miss my boat these days. I should never have sold it. I think it's time for another maybe.

Selling it was OK.

of course you will get another one.

Happy boating.