I have friends that own a cottage on Mukellunge Bay and assuming guys troll that area in Black River Bay in the fall?  I would like to check it out but just wondering if any of you have any experience in that area.  I don’t know how deep it gets in there and if the salmon stay deep there until they run or are already shallow and spawning if they are up that far. I prefer to target fairly fresh fish that time of year.

I finally found a nautical map and think it answered my question.  It is only 50’ deep so would be mostly looking for a reaction bite from fish that are already dark and ready to head to the dam I am assuming.  Would still like any info anyone can give on it, thanks.

My son and I were just up to Dexter a week ago. We launched at the ramp next to the falls. Trim your motor up, there are some skinny spots with submerged rocks. Be SURE to stay between the bouys as you enter the bay. We saw some nice marks suspended but couldn't get anything to go so we messed around with the perch near the bay mouth.

Good to know thanks.  I’ll probably launch from Henderson since it is on my way but the way the last 2 fall seasons have gone the water may be even lower in September than it is right now. We’ll see, I’m looking forward to trying a new area.