Yamaha 25 hp kicker issues

Im having issues with my 2019 Yamaha F25LA kicker.   It was running fine and all of the sudden one day it started having issues keeping RPM under load.   I thought it was water in the fuel but have since ruled that out.   Plumbed off the same tank as my main motor that runs fine.  I have replaced fuel filter and fuel pump and it has not improved.  My next idea is to put a new carb on it.    I had my boat out of the water for 3 weeks for the local mechanic to rebuild the carb  and he never got it it. Just wondering if anyone knows of these motors to have CDI issues that could cause them to run poor? Or should I continue to trouble shoot the fuel system.

clean the carb(s)

You probably picked a small piece of debris in the low speed jet.

Remove the carb or carbs and disassemble and clean one at a time. If you are very careful,

you may be able to disassemble it without having to replace any gaskets or o-rings. Use a good carb cleaner and a fine piece of wire. lots of videos on Youtube to help.

I started to have issues with my 2016 9.9 yammi after 4 years of flawless trolling with it.  It kept stalling on me while trolling.  I read where they are set to run lean from the factory due to emissions standards.  There is a small aluminum cap over the fuel mixture jet/screw on the carb.  You can take a small pick and pry it up and off easily.  Turn the screw to open it up a little.  I have not had any issues since I richened the fuel mixture a little bit.

Edited by Fishmaster 196