Magnum Slide Diver vs. DW deeper diver largest size.

Hey guys, been a while.    I have not used Slide divers before but just picked up the regular size 1? and added the ultimate kit and comparing to my older DW deeper diver I think 127mm largest size.    ANyone know how they compare in depth?   I see they have 6 settings, compared to only 3 on a DW or Maghum Dipsy.     Anyone know what compares to the 3 setting on a Dipsy or DW?   Would the 6 be a 3 on a DW or Dipsy?     We fish on a 18' aluminum older starcraft with a bimini top and I am thinking the extra 15' lead would be a help for more strikes rather than the 6' we currently have with the divers.     ??   Any insight ?  Thanks.   

I'm running the mag ring without the heavy weight and have no problem getting down 80+ foot which is not as deep as a big deeper diver.  The mag weight is pretty heavy.  Probably more so than a DD.  Haven't needed to get down much more that that yet this season. I am getting somewhere between 2.5 and 3 to 1 ratio depending on current and speed.  Don't be afraid to run a long lead.  I'm running 40 foot of 40# mono and a 7 foot leader with good results. Check leader after every trip and pay close attention to any burs or slight defects in manufacturing on the SD.  I had one where the line would rub in a few spots that required a bit of sanding to true up.  I think you'll get more bites than with a 6 or 7 foot lead. 

15 hours ago, 13owhunter said:

I'm running the mag ring without the heavy weight and have no problem getting down 80+ foot which is not as deep as a big deeper diver.  The mag weight is pretty heavy.  Probably more so than a DD.  Haven't needed to get down much more that that yet this season. I am getting somewhere between 2.5 and 3 to 1 ratio depending on current and speed.  Don't be afraid to run a long lead.  I'm running 40 foot of 40# mono and a 7 foot leader with good results. Check leader after every trip and pay close attention to any burs or slight defects in manufacturing on the SD.  I had one where the line would rub in a few spots that required a bit of sanding to true up.  I think you'll get more bites than with a 6 or 7 foot lead. 

Do you ever have an issue where the Slide Diver doesn't hold where you set it?  I can't seem to get mine to hold.  I am also using 40 pound test line.