My brother came up from Jamestown to squeeze some fishing in between forecasted rain this week.  Went out NE of I-Bay late afternoon on Sunday the 16th from 4:30 to 8 PM.  Nice water conditions and temp was at 80'.  Trolled 150 to 360 fow for a little over 3 hours covering about 11 miles and marked 4 fish the entire time.  Never moved a rod.  The smoke was moving back in and the lake looked eerie on the ride back to the bay.  Monday morning the 17th the lake was not ideal with 2' chop and some big rollers.  Temp was 75' down and we covered 180 to 260 fow, not wanting to get too far out because the ride back in wouldn't be fun.  Didn't hit anything until the troll back toward the bay around 10:30 when the area directly N of the bay outlet was productive.  Took 2 nice Kings 70'/143' and 80'/150', 9.6 and 15.4 lbs, on a meat rig and SD/fly.  We had 2 other knock-offs in the same area, making 4 round trips all together.  Marked many more fish in the morning than in the previous afternoon.  Maybe the storm on Sunday AM pushed them out deep.  Glad to see him be able to boat a couple and go home with some fish.     

7-17-23 No1.jpg

7-17-23 No2.jpg

7-17-23 No3.jpg

• Like 5

Sunday am was pretty good from Shippies to Webster.  I setup in 100 and trolled into the NE waves.  Ended up working 130-170 with plenty of action, riggers 75-100 with spoons and mag divers with spin doctor/flies out 200 on a 2.  Speeds were around 3 at the ball. Probe was at 81' and reading 51. One good king landed, 3 decent kings lost and a few skips.  Had 8 big lakers up to 20lbs mixed in as well throughout that water column.  My screen was blank, but there were active fish roaming.  We had a triple and a quad during the morning.  Had a buddy fish the same water sunday afternoon with nothing.  The biggest king had 2 alewives in his mouth, so there is bait around, I am guessing in the 70-80' depths and these fish are travelling fast to find it and they disappeared after lunchtime.