Thank You Longline (Rochester)-Late Derby Report

Fished the Niagara Bar..had A great time. Stayed inside a bit first sat. and sun. of loc. No browns ,only a few coho and lake trout.Put a laker on the board saturday fishing spoons,it got blown off the board by sunday.Decided to head out beyond the red can and take Longlines advice to me back in april on the "Questions about trolling" forum.Advice was simply "find the prey fish,and the predators will be close by". Wow,did we find preyfish out there! WE waypointed the pods,and figure eighted through the area...Rusty and I went 5 for 5 on kings monday,3 for 3 on kings tuesday,all on spoons,40' to 80' down,riggers and sliders,not one fish on flasher/fly or dodger/flies or dipsies . All kings were 13 to 18 pounds.Wednesday and Thursday things changed, we went 2 for 4 on kings wed.,and 5 for 5 kings on thurs.,our last day.Not one of those kings took a spoon!! They all hit Spin Doctor/flies off our mono dipsies ,170' and 190' back on 2.5 setting at 2.3 speed !!and 1 hit a bloody nose J plug !.All of those kings were 14lb. to 19.8 lb. .The 19.8 fish we weighed in on our 2 boat scales read about 21.5 lbs.! we thought we had a money fish,so we pulled our lines and headed in to Petroy marina for official weigh in.... only 19.8 on their scales...ours were way off...new scale on order!! The highlight of the trip was on Monday,we got a double the HARD WAY !! While bringing in a mid teen king,which hit the rigger ball spoon,got him wallowing in the prop wash,a 3 pound coho attacked the slider spoon,fish on!coho went nuts ,king went nuts and my partner Rusty yells"What do i do??" HELLO!! Net the BIG ONE !! A quick scoop,and rusty bagged both Fish!!! FUN !FUN FUN !

Choo –

On Photobucket, move your cursor over the picture & a pull-down should appear under the pic. Click on the box labeled IMG Code. (move quickly) This will highlight whatever the address is for that pic. Copy that address. (right click then "copy.") Go back to the topic reply on LOU & paste it in.

When I have a couple pics, I copy the addresses into "Word," then copy the entire document into LOU.

Like this…

4.jpg

2.jpg

:lol:

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Just playing...

Thanks again Tom for the fishing advice...thanks for posting the pictures ...thanks, thanks ,thanks.Hopefully,i will figure out how to post them on my own in the future. People like you, make LOU so awesome!! Here's wishin', that incredible fishin', comes your way soon !! Hope to meet you and your crew someday on the big pond... steve