Fuel tank replacement

kman05446

Heading to Pulaski after Labor day weekend for a week of fishing. I'm from Vermont. Does anyone know of a good mechanic in that area who could replace my built in fuel tank? I have a 1992 Sea Nymph 195GLS. It's a plastic 29 gallon tank. Mechanic here in Vermont removed it last winter and has been jerking me off ever since. Not sure if he will give me my old tank back. Presently running off a portable tank. I'd gladly leave my boat there if someone knows of a mechanic. Any help is appreciated.

You have a couple places in Sandy Creek on Rt 3 just east of Port Ontario.

better luck west toward Oswego and even better if you look around Sodus.

tough time of year right before winterization starts.. 

IMO, do it yourself. Not too difficult of a job and not at the mercy of someone else.

if you can't find the OEM tank just get something that will fit the tank openings where the old tank was already removed and put it in yourself for a lot less money and get it done on your time. I believe I would go with aluminum or stainless unless they are a lot less money. you can do an internet search for marine fuel tanks and you'll get many options to choose from. or you can even try Google as it is your friend. and I'm sure Amazon has some selections. this time of year it is almost impossible to get work done soon as they are already winterizing and it's hard to get a new spot.