Deep V owners

carpcatcher

Ok, guys I need some insight. I have ran a tracker 175txw aluminum bass boat for a lot of years and several years ago I put a minn kota ultrex with a 52" shaft on it. I recently baught a tracker 175wt combo deep v boat and would like to just swap out trolling motors and use my ultrex with the 52" shaft instead of buying a new one. I'm getting mixed answers when asking people if it will work or will it cavitate too much? Do any of you guys have a similar boat with the 52" trolling motor on it? If so, how does it work? I know some are going to say to put it on and try it but thats a lot of work and several holes that I'd rather not have to deal with if I don't need to. Thanks for any advice.

9 hours ago, carpcatcher said:

Ok, guys I need some insight. I have ran a tracker 175txw aluminum bass boat for a lot of years and several years ago I put a minn kota ultrex with a 52" shaft on it. I recently baught a tracker 175wt combo deep v boat and would like to just swap out trolling motors and use my ultrex with the 52" shaft instead of buying a new one. I'm getting mixed answers when asking people if it will work or will it cavitate too much? Do any of you guys have a similar boat with the 52" trolling motor on it? If so, how does it work? I know some are going to say to put it on and try it but thats a lot of work and several holes that I'd rather not have to deal with if I don't need to. Thanks for any advice.

5 hours ago, lrg355 said:

I have a Sea Nymph GLS175 with a Motorguide XI3 that has a 54 in shaft.  It is used occasionally as autopilot on the lake in 2-3 ft waves with no problem.

You can also buy a longer shaft and change it