using two trolling bags

Folks, A couple weeks ago I read a post about using two trolling bags that are tied together.  I can't find that post.   I was wondering if anyone could send me the link.  Also, I remember reading in that post that the size of the bags you use is dictated by the length of the boat and engine HP.  I tried to contact Amish Outfitters to ask but they have not gotten back to me.  I have an 18' Tracker Targa with 150Hp.  Should I use 15" bags or 18" bags?  Thanks 

3 hours ago, copperpin said:

Folks, A couple weeks ago I read a post about using two trolling bags that are tied together.  I can't find that post.   I was wondering if anyone could send me the link.  Also, I remember reading in that post that the size of the bags you use is dictated by the length of the boat and engine HP.  I tried to contact Amish Outfitters to ask but they have not gotten back to me.  I have an 18' Tracker Targa with 150Hp.  Should I use 15" bags or 18" bags?  Thanks 

I like using 1 bag on each side for better boat control. and the size of the bag is most dependent on how slow you will ever want to go. It's also better to error on the larger size. you may use a little more gas but you can always bump your speed up but you can't get it to run slower if your bags are too small.

I ran 36" bags on my 21' Cobia glass boat with a 5.7 Vortec motor with 315 HP. but most of the time I trolled with the wind so I only had to bump it up very little. on calmer days I only used 1 bag.