Anyone else fish out of Fair Haven today?  Got to the launch at 7am and the fog was so thick you couldn’t see shore from 200’ away. My Hummingbird blew a fuse over winter and didn’t have a replacement on board so had zero navigation, depth, temp,  fish finding capability.  Relied on phone navionics for gps location/speed and gave it hell for 4 hours without a hit running 4 planers, 1 dipsey and 1 weight rod in roughly 6-18 fow (Didn’t know for sure obviously). Hard to believe no fish in that beautiful mud line running out from the pond channel but threw many options at them including sticks and spoons.  Same thing in the green water everywhere else.  Shakedown was successful besides the graph that is now fixed and no fish to clean but will try again next available chance.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My kiddo and I were out of Fair Haven on the 3rd in that fog - absolutely crazy!  We were in the driftboat - 6 rods.  3 flatlines, a one color, a slide on one side and chinook diver on the other.  We ended up 6 for 10 - not on fire but picked away.   All put back for another day.  Vid of him navigating the driftboat back to the chute LOL.

IMG_0407.jpeg

IMG_0408.jpeg

IMG_0405.jpeg

Edited by AnglingAddict
typo
  • Like 2

That’s awesome, we saw you out a little deeper than where we started then slid out  on our way back.  We were completely blind, figuratively and literally between the fog and no electronics.  Good to know there were fish around. The water color looked great but couldn’t get anything to go.