Fishing Reports TEMPLATE

Hey LOU,

One thing that I have been working on lately for LOU is the introduction of forum templating for new posts. I will be testing this out in the Fishing Reports forum.

The main idea behind it is to give users an outline (template) when they select "New Topic" in the Fishing Reports forum. The template will pre-populate the message body with fishing report questions where the user can simply fill in the information as it pertains to their most recent trip.

The template is just an option and users can always just delete the template text and write their report as normal.

The purpose of the template is to provide a checklist of information that our members will be interested in knowing about your fishing trip. This will really help to capture all the details and provide for a much richer post.

This is our beta test of the new feature so let us know your thoughts and if you have any additions you would like to see added to the current template.

Select NEW TOPIC and then PREVIEW POST to see the template as it would display on the site under the Fishing Reports Forum.

Thanks in advance -

Chad

Great idea Chad :clap: you are always thinking of us :yes:

Helps cut to the chase if you haven't been out for a while or if Ray K is doing the posting you won't have a headache and sore eyes from reading it :lol::P

That is a great!! I know that a template is very helpful in my fishing logs, that way I never forget to enter good information.

Thanks Chad for all the hard work.

Sure thing guys. Like I said, we are just testing this out for now to see how LOU members like/dislike it. I could already see future uses for it (i.e., introduce yourself forum and classifieds forum) should the feedback be positive enough to keep the idea around. :yes: