Friday (Practice/Pre-Tourney) - We headed out about 5:30am and worked the area from Wilson west to the Niagara Bar. Fishing wasn't fast and furious for us, but there was a steady pick most of the day. Our first big guy came 105 down on the corner rigger pulling my favorite Sea Sick Waddler NK 28. Shortly there after we took a ripper on the 375 wire that eventually wound himself up in the 10 color core off to the side. We ended up dropping him because of this. He took that Green dot Smartfish with an A-TOM-MIK Ultra Green Glow fly. Our last King would come from our center rigger that we had parked at 75' for Coho on a Dreamweaver SS Orange Slurpee. The rest of the day was a steady pick of Coho, small stealhead, and small kings. We got our limit, but it wasn't impressive.

Saturday (Day 1) - Well, we wanted to see if we could scrape up a few kings before we headed into box out on Coho, but the Kings weren't playing in the area we were working. We went deep looking for some and all we found were Coho and a nice 9lb Steelhead. The lure of the day was the Stinger Stingray Mixed Veggies. It took 4 out of the 6 fish we boxed fished off our 10 color core. The Coho we found the day before had moved West a tad and when we got on top of them the bite was over. A very disappointing day for us given we have been slamming the fish out of Wilson for a few weeks, but it is June and the lake seems to be very hit or miss during this particular month.

So, our decision Saturday night was that we needed to go big! Coho weren't going to get us in the money.

Sunday (Day 2) - So, we headed out to a spot that another boat had some luck on a few Kings the day before. We didn't have all the lines in the water when the 400 wire starts to throb. Well, 6:04am and we had our first King locked and by 6:15 he was in our cooler. He took a Dreamweaver Spinny White w/ a Green Edge pulling a Sea Sick Waddler A-TOM-MIK fly. We were pumped thinking we would have a shot at money by the end of the day. Well, it was 8:am before we were locked into another fish. This one hit the 200 rigger pulling a Dreamweaver Spinny Black w/ green dots trailed by an A-TOM-MIK Ultra green Glow fly. No sooner did we get it down and it was hooked up again. So in 15 minutes we had another teenager in the box followed closely by a Coho. Then another lull! We would take a few shots off the 600 later pulling the Green dot SmartFish trailed by an A-TOM-MIK Ultra Glow Green fly. Lastly, our 400 wire would take off with another big guy. This one on a Dreamweaver Frog Racer Spinny towing an A-TOM-MIK Ultra Glow Green fly. We would end the day with 6 in the box again. However 4 were Salmon and 2 were Coho.

OK will do. It was hilarious to watch your brother in a water fight with three 8 year olds and then pushing the one kids face into a cake. He walked around snorting out hunks of icing from his nose for 5 minutes! :rofl: I was glad to see that the water balloon launcher was working well on Saturday. You could really launch those things! :clap: take care :beer::beer:

Too few fish that were well fed. Those schools of smelt from 4-mile to the bar were sick!!!!!!!! After posting a zero day one trying to tempt those deep hooks that fed all night under the full moon to eat our offerings appeared futile. Day 2 we did well looking for fish away from the bait smorgasbord.

Hey Chad,

At least you won the "goose-egg" award (or something like that) for your blank on saturday, $250.00 is certainly better than a sharp stick in the eye (or multiple root canals :D )

Tim

No, not the comeback award, they had a goose egg award for team "still no sponsor", maybe for blanking on day 1 and still fishing day 2??? They announced it after you had left sunday afternoon, Hilts was asking if you were still around. I'm sure they'll be contacting you eventually or just sending you a check or something.

Tim

Yup....I second that Chad.....$250 greenbacks are awaiting you for the goose egg :clap::clap: I think it was the first award they announced?

Didn't see ya there Tim....but then I was pretty wiped out and sleep deprived :$