big boy shoot out at olcott

Rob,

10 boats entered ($1000 entry)

1st. paid $5000

2nd. paid $3000

3rd. paid $2000

I was not there , but buddies there called me with Capt. Chris Loprestie (Maverick) weighing a 280 point box i believe it was to win.

JERRY

RUNNIN REBEL

Congrats gents.

Does anyone know what happened to Free Spirit? Thats not like him to score a zero.

Shade

Believe me, Howie, I don't KNOW what happened. I couldn't have caught a cold yesterday.

I will say this, however, that the teams that caught fish in that water deserved them. Ice cold water and ugly, chopping waves from the East---it was like trying to fish in a washing machine.

The only thing I will add is that while I was running back in from my worst day of fishing EVER :@ I looked over at my LOTSA supplied observer just in time to see him open his lunch box and pull out a bunch of BANANAS!!! :@:@:@ He "claimed" to have no knowledge of the banana curse but then proceeded to inform us of his other nicknames...."Black Cloud", "Jonah", etc. He even had the unmitigated GALL to tell us that he is not even allowed in certain law enforcement districts any more because when he volunteers there the murder, rape and robbery rates explode to unprecedented levels. I wonder why....???????? :o

Personally, I think my entry fee should be refunded by LOTSA....LOL. At the very least I now have the subject matter for my next LOTSA seminar. ;)

Sorry Jim......I had to blame someone and I sure as hell wasn't taking the blame for THAT! :P

Paul,

I was just a little concerned that maybe something happened. I heard of the Banana curse after we purchased a boat named BANANAS. If we run into bad luck we will go through the procedure and change her name.

Not glad you did not catch fish but glad that was the problem. I tried to call your cell several times during the pro/am but no answer thats why I asked the question on LOU.

Howie

Maverick's box was 251 and change.

Here's a pic of the final board for the Big Boys, sorry for the crappy quality, stupid phone cameras suck.

92516716.th.jpg

I was the observer on Cinelli's boat. We headed west looking for temp and had to run all the way to the red can to get into river water to get temp, those stupid east winds blew all water away. We actually limited in an hour and 10 minutes, 1 nice king and the rest cohos. it was bedlam out there. At 10 fish they tried to get their lines out of the water and go searching for kings for weight and couldn't get em out fast enough. Fish 11 and 12 were cohos that hit tripped divers skipping along the surface. Never seen anything like it. They were done at 7:40 in the morning.

Congrats to Maverick, I was helping Bill Hilts out afterwards at the weigh in and was doing the cooler pre-check, that was one heck of a box they brought in.

Congrats also to Vince with his 2nd place finish in the Big Boys following up his (yet another) win at the pro am the day before.

Tim