Hot Lure: White Spindoctor with Green Glow A-TOM-MIK Fly

Trolling Speed: 3.1 mph

Down Speed: n/A

Boat Depth: 90 ft

Lure Depth: 60 ft

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

I took a buddy out on Tuesday evening and we saw how the lake were rough with windy conditions and NE waves 3-4 footers. I ventured out for a short roller coaster ride and did not drop a line. Instead, we headed back to the dock.

Last night, the lake was calling me to go out solo in a perfect condition with calm wind and quiet lake. After an hour of trolling, I found the bait pods on screen in between 80 and 90 FOW. I turned my boat in figure 8 directions and immediately the rod fired. It took me good 15 minutes to boat this teenage king - 14#. Healthy fish and released successfully.

60721821.th.jpg

I went back to my waypoint where the bait were located. The rods fired and nobody was home. AS I took picture of this lovely sky with the sun set, another rod fired and I did not find a fish on the line. :o I am just an idiot for taking a pretty pictures of the sun set when I should have been paying attention to the rods.

Baits were out there last night in 90 FOW. I continue to find more baits as I trolled back to about 70 FOW.

Tight lines.

15454372.th.jpg

We were just east of you in the 18 ft. Whaler. We were 3 for 4 on kings, all spoons at 40-50 down over 90-110 fow. The first king around 13# tried his damnest to get off first going into the wire, then the core, then the other wire :devil: . I like it better when they take out 300 ft. of line and are less green around the boat. The other 2 fish were 8# and 4#. Not fast and furious but a nice night on the lake.

Good fishing.

John

Anthony.....there is an open division you might want to check out. That gives you Friday-Sunday of 3 small tourneys (1 per day) only requiring 3 fish at the scales, and no observer. You can fish wherever you want to fish on the Lake too.

John, thanks for sharing your report. Yes, I saw your boat as I approached 80 FOW area as you were the only one out there. You made a very good choice to stick around this area rather than going out too deep.

I agree that the 13# King can fight real hard. The King I caught weights almost the same as yours and I thought it was much bigger fish given the way I had to hold on to the rod and I had to shut off the trolling motor after I reeled in the other line. This young King sure beats the hell out of the 20# King that I boated in last Sunday. Does it mean that the younger the fish are (in teens) , they fight more furious?

I dont use radio at all given both of my ears are deaf. I carry Blackberry and we could exchange text messages about our fishing activity.

Tight lines.

I am jealous of you both for getting out there!

I brought in a 14 lb king in Wilson during LOC and I thought I had a monster. Best fighting salmon I ever caught. I took a picture and keep it on my phone because the thing was gorgeous silver and built like a small tuna. A real healthy 2 year old can be a lot of fun.