NEW Fish On Bait Herring Strips-Available at Captain's Cove

Grade A cut bait (herring strips) will be available at Captain’s Cove just in time for the Summer Derby’s. These strips are a NEW product from Fish On Bait Company. The Grade A strips are packed in salt, 6 strips in a tray, and they are VHS certified. They will work with Rhys Davis heads (also available here at Captain’s Cove). By special request, they could possibly be cut to a different size to fit other manufacturer’s cut bait heads.

Samples of this new product will be available here at Captain’s Cove starting Friday afternoon, June 19th. Feel free to call us or email us to save you a sample, or to place your order. We will have single packages and cases available starting most likely by the middle of the week of June 22.

Michelle- Really glad to hear this. I have more confidence now that we may see this happen with you guys in charge. Thank you for looking into this, and hope it is of the same quality as the old Rhy's Davis. I know that the flies have a huge following, but so does the use of meat still. Hope to get up to the Oak for this weekend, if I can get a few errands taken care of. If not, will be next weekend for sure. Put my name on a sample pack please. Thank you-Duane

Michelle,

Let us know how much to purchase and shipping charges when you get them in. Price per package and per case along with cost of the Rhys Davis heads.

Thanks,

Shade (Howie)

PS. Thanks for the room this week end it was very confortable.

Howie, doesn't surprise me about the comfort at Capt Cove. Stayed there on a number of occasions. And enjoyed my stay as well. I would encourage all to patronize local ( Capt Cove or else where ) for this new cut bait or other fishing needs. I know that I myself, looked into getting it from out of state before I found out Capt Cove would be carrying this. We need to patronize any and all of these local tackle shops. Especially with the economic times being what they are. They are often a great source of local info and rely our business to be able to keep their doors open. Could we buy a spoon or 2 on the internet and save a few bucks. No doubt. But some of the perks of patronizing these locals, far out weighs any discounts I.M.O.-Duane

I agree Duane! Michelle and Brandi have really tried to get what the fisherman want into that store! It's too bad that it's such a seasonal business and the winters take such a harsh toll on their income. I send my customers there for lodging and I know myself and my brother have dropped some pretty good coin in there buying tackle we don't need!

Gents,

I understand the push to help the local businesses but I normally do not come down to the Oak. Most people use the internet for most of their purchases these days and there is a substantial savings even with shipping costs. Another thing is the local shops are not on the internet where you could buy tackle. Some have emails but you do not know what they have available and pricing. I am sure you can call them and probably they can order what you want but there are shops out there that give LOU members some nice discounts. I buy SD's for $9 -$10 and one of the shops there wanted $13. I always try to support local businesses when I am in their towns and I always buy something at the local tackle shops but savings is savings.

Shade

Thanks Everyone :) We are more than glad to carry this new cut bait. I am excited to read all your feed back it is nice to here from you guys!

Also we are hoping to have an online store up and running in the next few months! We are hoping this will be a success during the winter months-also we are going to try to have our doors open more durring these months, so if you do need anything please feel free to get a hold of us, we will be more than willing to help you out!

Thanks Everyone for the support, we greatly appreciate your business!

Thanks

Captain's Cove

Brandi, Michele & James

Capt Rick, thanks for your follow up. I know many like yourself and me probably buy some tackle that may never see the water due to the arsenal we are already supplied with. But we know that we need to do so, and drop a few dollars into those local shops to allow them to stay in business. I have absolutely no ties with Capt. Cove other than patronizing them on occasion. So thanks for the business you do send them and may you be blessed with a 30#er that you don't pass off to the old girl friend ;) Shade I agree that savings is savings and some need to watch their spending. I have no problem with that. Just trying to point out like Yankee did the need to support the locals-- Duane

Chinook,

Point well taken. All I said is it is difficult for some of us to support Shops outside our home port. I fish out of Olcott and do business with Slippery Sinker and Boat Doctor and I would probably do more if they had a web site to see their on hand stock or place an order. Most of the small shops carry what is popular in their area or what the Charter Captains ask them to stock which is a major plus. I hope every fishermen shouls take the time to visit ans support the local tackle shops.

Shade

I got this cut bait yesterday from the Boat Doctors in Olcott. They have it there - and it looks real good. The only problem was the weather - I wasn't going out yesterday.

I was was seriously disapointed in losing cut bait for so long - and was real pleased to get this Fish On bait. It's a little different than the old cut bait and doesn't need to be frozen. This new VHS free cut bait looks awesome and I will be using it later today. It just might land us some tournament fish.