Seneca 6/24 with pics

Took the day off from work and decided to give Seneca a shot. Launched from the chamber of commerce on the north end about 5:30am. Wind was light and variable, fog starting to roll in and surface temp was 50. I have fished this end in a long time so I set up in 20 fow and went south. Decided to try spoons since a buddy did well last week on them. Trolled down the west side with no takers. Switched over to spin dr/flies. 1st riggered fired with mt dew crush and big weenie toxic shock...1st laker of the morning down 30' over 40-50 fow. Moved over to the east side and decided to switch back to spoons and my light action downrigger rods after no more hits. All heck broke loose! 1st rigger with greasy chicken wing stinger fires down 50 over 60 fow. The fight is on and the 2nd rigger fires with a black/white honeybee....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Doubled up! Back and forth for 20 minutes or so and land both of them. Decided I better call my buddy who decided work was more important that fishing :lol: . After a quick chat and some good nature ribbing it's time to set the rods. Get the honeybee back down to 42' over 60-70 fow. Start the 2nd rod and #1 rigger fire again. After an awesome fight I land nice laker over 6lbs. Of the water by 9:30, 4 for 4. All fished released to fight another day. Gonna be back there real soon.

Didn't mark a lot of bait. Lots of scum and debris in the water.

1st laker on the double

IMG00086.jpg

2nd laker on the double

IMG00085.jpg

Hot spoons of the morning

IMG00088.jpg

That's a good day of fishing. I took a guy i work with out for his first time trolling and we had a day like that. We couldn't keep rods in the water. I kept telling him it's not usually like this. Days like that make all those slow days worth while. I hope you get to go back out and slam them again!

Great post! I'm glad to hear the bite is on the east side! After three Sk*nks (It's a dirty word!) in a row during the derby on that side of the lake I have been afraid of it! I will definately hit that water next time I'm out.

Jason - I hope you do get out on Friday. I'm still hoping are schedules match up some time soon and I can get out with you.

Zebedee - I'm not sure how close to the east side I was because of the haze/fog but I do recall marking a lot more fish on the east side vs. the west side.

I do recall seeing a shallow(I'm guessing that what it is) marker buoy on the west side, maybe near Belhurst that seemed to be way out of place. It was WAY out there. There was a lot of fog and I'm sure I was between that and shore on my 1st troll south. I didn't want to chance it when the fog lifted so I never got that close again. Is that suppose to be there or did it break loose?

I think it may be for the Hobart sailing team? I had to lift a planer board lin over it as I came close to it as well...we all had our attention at the back of the boat unhooking a fish and re-setting lines and didn't even realize it was there. You're right...it's right in the middle of the lake. Lucky I didn't have my wire-diver out on that side of the boat or I would have snagged it! My brother-in-law has some leave from the army and is coming up this weekend...I hope to get him out there!