Spoons behind dipsies/ anybody want to fish?

How many of you are running deep spoons behind wire dipsies? When I have enough rod holders on board I like to run higher slide divers w/ spoons to the outside of my wire divers, but last weekend's slow flasher bite(for where we were anyway) had me wondering if I shouldn't have switched to spoons behind the wire dipsies or mag slide divers. Most of the time I can usually only run 4 rods.

On a related subject, if there is anybody out there who would like to get out on a boat, PM me, especially if you can get out during the week and can deal w/ short notice and fishing in the rain. East side Cayuga, and Owasco & Skinny are pretty quick getaways for me( I am not a pro and I don't play one on my boat)

RR, I have the distinct impression that the fickle hand of fate plays a bigger part in what's working where for me than I would like to believe. I just don't I know the lake near well enough to work individual areas the way you, and some of the other "sharpies" do, so I tend to work long stretchs before turning and reworking an area. I think that consequently I run into different pods of fish this way and probably stumble into some that eventually respond favorably to my spread, when I do I am quick to duplicate it and so sometimes it actually looks like I know what I'm doing, to my kids anyway!

I didn't work the 200s on Sunday,but I kept the MJ out at up to 210' ft out w/ a Mag on 1.5 over 110 to 140 FOW and that baby did some bottom bouncing! We actually dropped a couple fish on that just after setting it that I forgot about when I posted, so if you count them we had 5 fish on the flashers from 9:00-12:30, not wild fire but maybe not too bad either.

I am very frustrated w/ those nice hooks in the 45-30 range, can't seem to get them to go very consistently, just tool thru them. I am guessing they are mostly lakers that are full of alewives, just cuz 2 weeks ago I got so many lakers on the sliders.

I am very frustrated w/ those nice hooks in the 45-30 range, can't seem to get them to go very consistently, just tool thru them. I am guessing they are mostly lakers that are full of alewives, just cuz 2 weeks ago I got so many lakers on the sliders.

You and me both! I have been fishing the crap out of those marks. Cores, riggers. 4 dink salmon in 2 weeks and a few lakers.

RR

Its not you guys every year at this time when the lake sets up and the fish move down the lake those fish at 40' to 50' slow down. I did find one rig at the end of the trip that took 4 in 30 minutes at 50' it was not a spoon, flasher, or dodger. :D Give those fish a week or two and it will be like catching fish in a bucket ;)

Andy, When things are slow I have experimented and found running a small dodger, 4 inch size or so w/ a small 2 5/8 spoons 3 to 4 ft behind the dodger works well for bows and LL. in fact it is not a go to set up but seems to come more often than not when I'm targeting fish higher up in the water column. I like running wire and dipseys but don't get as excited when only targeting lakers w/ them. I will run them as shallow as 20 to 30 feet early in the season w/ mini divers as well when the planer bite dies off and the sun comes up.