Silver Fox Sandy report 7/5

Tough fishing today w/ all of that warm water around not to mention these fish could still be anywhere from the top to 200' down. We had about 60 degrees on the bottom in 110fow. We kept going north and found our best fishing in about 350'. Couldn't figure out why they were holding on that line but most of our fish were caught trolling west on it. We finished 6-8 w/ kings up to 13#'s and a 9# rainbow. We did a couple of kings down 115' and the rest were at around 70' down. Most of our fish came on green/crush glow smartfish w/ green/mirage and white ghost Fox flies on the wires out 225' or the riggers at around 70' down. The 2 deep fish we got were on the watermelon extend glow stingray.

We marked about 8 fish and no bait at all the whole morning. Till next time, good luck.

Scott,

Do you know whether anyone has gotten those deep marks to go? We found them from ~150 and in and tried it for an hour at the end of the day yesterday, but couldn't move a rod. The marks are far enough off the bottom that I'm wondering if they're not kings hunkered down and inactive. Of course, with the temps yesterday, "far enough" meant only 110 down :)

I saw that Jason did a great fish; we were right next to him. If they're all kings, then the fireworks should start soon!

Gator

Yeah, I don't think anyone has had them bite yet. I tried a couple of weeks ago w/ no hits either.

I was gonna give ya a shout at around 10:30 but I saw you were gone. You must have been inside by then. I think we'll be out sunday again.

Scott,

I'm gone for the next two weekends, but Keith will be around and probably fishing. Hopefully things light up while I'm gone and it'll be happening when I get back!

Gator

Scott,

He's in Ireland right now. Send me a PM with your number. Or just post it here, if your not worried about all the hot babes calling you when they see it online.

Yup, I'm in Ireland. At the airport waiting for my flight back right now, dead tired, too many pints of Guiness last nite, and wasting time cruising the net. Hope you guys find them this weekend. The forecast looks dire for tomorrow; we've got to tow the Lund up to Canada for holiday, so fingers crossed the weather cooperates. Tight lines!

Gator