Conesus Lake 7/3 and 7/5

The Russ Louk Memorial held by Southern Tier Bassmasters took place this weekend on Conesus Lake. It attracted 50 boats, which is a lot on a lake the size of Conesus. Fishing on Conesus has been very tough! Post spawn phase, which is normal for the first few weeks of the season, has really shaken up even some of the best Conesus lake anglers. I took the time to head down there Friday to practice for the tourney considering I haven't done much of anything on Conesus in the last few trips. Well, things really didn't change. It was tough, and most all of the fish we took were on Senkos. However, we did have one highlight of the day. About 11:00am we took this brute below on a Senko. He bounced between 5.4-5.6 on the scale.

Come tourney day I made a last minute decision to go to a weedline that the big guy above hit on. It didn't take long to get into the fish, but they weren't exactly jumping in the boat. We fished the whole day bouncing from spot to spot. Everything looked so good, and you would think that we should be loading the boat up with fish. At the end of the day all we could scrounge up was 11 pounds. Kicker fish just weren't active for us on this day. It took 16 pounds to win the tourney, which is very light for this lake.

49035846.jpg