atlantic city??

Boat engine is getting rebuilt next week during my vacation :(:(:(:( . So the girl and I are going to atlantic city and staying at the Trump Taj Mahal. Not really into gambling that much but was wondering if any one has ever fished right there off one of the piers? Do they rent tackle? Any one know if they do party boats there? I guess i should look and c how much a out of state licsence is first.

Don't think you need a license for ocean fishing, but you'd better check to make sure. Buy some blood worms or clams and float them below a float, you should catch some sea trout, chad, and maybe a few other things. If you fish at night you'll probably catch a few small sharks.

Nick

Tree Top Flyer no license needed to fish in the ocean.... Plenty of boats along the Jersey Shore to jump on for a day of fishing... I would imagine most party boat's down there would be targeting Sea Bass.... Good Luck and have fun...

New Jersey doesn't have fishing licenses.

Here's what I did.

Go to a local bait shop and buy a 30 dollar surf combo and these wire hook rigs and some 4 oz lead sinkers, and buy some fish that you cut up for bait and they say cut into cubes and you;ll catch blues and stuff but I cut it right in half, put each half of the bait fish on a hook,. Then wade out to as far as your comfortable with, (waist deep) and cast and leave the bail open , run to shore, tighten the line and wait. you'll catch sand sharks and tey are a blast to reel in. strong as hell.

Best time is right before dark or during the night. We caught a couple around 40 pounds. They only come around near or after dark though.

I also bought a plastic tube that you stick in the ground as a rod holder.

TTF,

Atlantic City has some fishing from the beaches and jettys. The world record Striper was caught there, 78Lbs from a jetty during a storm on a Bomber. I have caught a few smallish stripers and some bluefish on fly tackle there. The best fishing for stripers is at night, but that can be a dangerous proposition(the two-legged wildlife is unpredictable). Brigantine inlet is just north of AC and it can be good, though I have only done it from a kayak.

Paul