dunkirk 7/12

times two

Day 2 Ameracan....

Rough water leftover from Saturday to start...we had second wave (8 am ) and

lost 45 minutes or so to assist another boater with a tow.

Did 4 fish on a universally tough day. Weight got us into 28th place out of 82 boats.

1 on the 10 color with 2 ounces/chatterstick; 2 on a 65 rigger with a copper/orange harness and one with a DW super slim, 135 back on a big slide.

Capt. John-not too shabby for a tough bite ! Thank you for the reports-it seems like the eyes are almost hugging the bottom with the settings you are pulling. Anyone doing anything with harnesses? Also-are the eyes deep all day-or are they up high early then dropping as the day goes on?

Thank you again and congrats !

Walteye

Walteye:

You are correct about the bottom hugging. Each day the last 3 days we got deep fish on the 10 color combo, and more

than once came up with zebra mussels on the hooks. That's a tough rod to run, though, as its 550ft back :) and no one

wants to crank that in!

We also marked a lot of fish very close to the bottom. We finally pulled a harness on the 65 rigger yesterday in the 65-75 fow, and took 2 in there. I also heard a report that one of the guys that brought in a good box yesterday had been fishing tight to the bottom. We did have a few high marks, but most seemed deep right off the get go, and in three days we only

had 1 board fish.

We have hardly run worms, as the small WD's and chattersticks have been doing as good as anything.

Another big guy each day would have really helped us out.....

John

Last August when I was fishing with my wife-we ran 2 poles with ten color pulling the stix-and when the ten color pole went off, my wife would fake that she was asleep and magically wake up when I got down to the leader and grab the net !!!

Walteye