Mono w Slide divers

I have spent the past two weeks fishin two slide divers on #30 ande green in addition to my riggers, with nothin on the divers. Threw out a regular luhr jensen dipsey, seemed to get a little more depth, and hooked up but had to work for it all the same. Anyone got a couple cents worth out there?

Capt. Jeff

Caliento Carlito

I am not a seasoned expert on the slide divers but I use them 2 ways; #1. to target steelies and browns on Lake O., and rainbows, browns and atlantics on the FLX. For this use I am spooled w/ super braid and I use the regular size SD w/ no rings.Typically I run a 20'+ lead after the diver, w 100-150' line out, I only use spoons on these lines.#2. As an outside 2cd diver rig.On this setup I am spooled w/ wire and I use the SD litebite w/ the largest ring and I set the diver on 3+. I don't run these as deep as my Mag dipsy rods unless I am running them alone. I have started using these wire setups more as my main dipsy w/ Kings so I don't have to deal w/ the long regular dipsy leader at the net. I run flasher/fly combos on these lines.

I have no experience w/ mono and divers but the standard wisdom is you get poor depth penetration(wide diameter line blows back) and a poor trip response(mono stretches a lot) w/ mono.