Problems with moor subtroll leader from probe to ball?

Tank

Has anyone experienced any problems with the leader snapping from Moor's leader kit? Well I have. I have lost two 15# chrome sharks this year from the leader snapping that goes from the probe to the weight. Normally secured with three crimps at each end of the leader. Both leaders were from new probes purchased this past winter. Capt. Jay of Trout-N-About had the same thing happen so he started tying double overhand knots into his leader and securing it that way. We did this on my boat yesterday and used some excess coated cable from the Moor system. This setup is sweet. I feel much moor( :lol: ) confident now and the coated cable works great in this situation. Thanks Jay!! Any feedback would be appreciated. Tank

Did the crimps give or the wire? The stock leaders are only 80 Lb test. With the boat going up & down over waves, that weight actually pulls a lot more than 15 Lbs worth when it changes direction. Eventually the wire will fatigue. I run a modified ball that weighs about 12 Lbs & replace leader every two years or when I see some wear.

Tom B.

(LongLine)