LongLine

Slept in this morning. Launched at 5:30. No one in lot. Beautiful morning. South wind, maybe a 1 ft chop with a few left over swells from the west. Clouds off on the North shore.Went out to 85, saw lots of activity on the bottom. Set up in 85 & headed towards Russell. Didn’t see another boat till about 7:30.

Just past Russell, saw some N-S scum/seaweed lines so worked them N-S 90-140FOW. 54F down 65/70. Went 3 for 3. 2 small stlhds about 3 lbs that looked starved and finally a decent King. 21 Lbs and “medium†dark. All on the 65 rigger over 120FOW. All on my favorite DW SS Bloody Death.

Off at 10:30. Maybe 6 trailers in lot. US customs/border patrol launching their boat. 30 ft center console, with twin 275 Mercs. Beautiful rig. :inlove: 8 guys & 2 state police. Looked like it had never been in the water. (no room for a kicker though) Man, am I in the wrong occupation!

Luck to all,

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Hey Tom,

I guess we got out just before you and came in right after you. The Border Patrol boat was just heading out of the channel (on plane) when we came in. They did a quick loop and headed back in behind us. Anyway - we only went 2 for 3. A nice medium dark 22-24 pound king on a mag glow frog 68 down over 110 and a really small brown. The other was a short bite. We worked straight out of the river from 60 to 150 feet. A pretty good screen inside but we couldn't get anything to go. Never got flasher/fly or Familiar Bite to go. Pulled lines at about 10:30 and went to work. A nice day to be out though.

Hey Longline - Nice report; Thanks

Also, I beleive the US customs/border patrol has tripple outboards. I know when I passed one of them it did. Impressive!

Cheers,

Mike

They have 2 boats that I know they usually keep in the Genny, I have not seen a twin but they may have one of those too

The ones I know about are triple 300's and triple 275 -- they service the engines every 50 hours of use. :lol:

This one only had twins. A 350 pulling it. Took up the center two ramps, so many officers/police supervising the launch, highly polished s/s props & not a scratch on it so I'm guessing it was brand new.

Tom B.

(LongLine)