Tonight while fishing out of Sandy, we caught a very small Juvi king....... like NK Mag size......It was much smaller than the "shakers" of the year. Maybe 1/3 their size. I was in such a hurry to get the little bugger back into the water that I didn't admire it much.... so I never looked at it's fins for any kinds of clips (or lack of clips). Was it a "natural" fish? Anybody else run into guys like this? I'm certain it was a king.......

Mike we got one also tonite, and a few naturals this past week. YES they are naturals (no adipose fin clip) and YES they are WAY smaller in size on average (because they spend most if not ALL their 1st year in stream catching bugs/small prey. WERE AS STOCKED/pen reared fish are feed EVERY HOUR / EVERY DAY high protein pellets and protected till release at which time they are MAMOTH IN SIZE to naturals of same age. Lake Ontario can only sustain so many salmonoids per prey ratio. EVERY DEC MODEL has shown this since the first meetings i went to 20+++ YEARS AGO. dON'T GET ME STARTED ON THIS ONE but wait to stocking evaluation time!!!

JERRY

RUNNIN REBEL