Hot Lure: DW SS Dirty White Boy, DW SS Steelie Dan

Trolling Speed: 2.5-2.9 sog

Down Speed: 2.2-2.4 mph

Boat Depth: 160-220 fow

Lure Depth: riggers 100', 77' both with free sliders

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

First and foremost, I had an opportunity to meet and fish with Anthony (Pike Hunter) this morning and we had a blast. He is a true gentlemen and a great fisherman and I look forward to fishing with him many more times! Although the fishing was slow and the waves plentiful, we still managed three fish (I'm sure we would have had a few more, but we motored in around 8:30AM to weigh our steelhead).

We set up in the dark just east of the bay and the screen was completely blank in 120', so we headed west of the channel and started in 160 fow with a decent screen with lots of marks between 60-70' down.

First hit on our port rigger (likely on a slider) was about an hour after sunrise, looked like a medium size steelie which we lost about 40' from the boat. It actually floated for a while afterward...

Our next hit was a king on our deepest rigger 100', on a free slider DW SS Steelie Dan (it's about the 6th or7th time this year we've had a king on this slider set-up).

Our final fish was a 12#8 ounce Steelhead which currently sits in 14th place on the LOC. Anthony did a supurb job getting the fish in and we motored in shortly thereafter to get it weighed. I wished we could of stayed out longer to get a few more.

All in all, it was a great morning, and a great treat to put a fish in the LOC standings....

Thanks again Anthony and good luck to all!!!

- Chris

Ahoy Captain Chris,

You ve done a terrific job with the set up that took in three hits within a short time despite the choppy conditions.

It is amazing to see how deep the steelhead can go down to find the lures. This has changed my view about steelheads as I have always thought them to be a top water predator.

Thanks to this wonderful LOU site for bringing fellow fisherman like us together. I am fortunate to fishing with you this morning and riding on your beautiful Trophy Hard top is a real treat.

Again, thanks for everything!

Tight lines.

Anthony