Cayuga Lake Bass and Perch

MikeyP

We fish out of Fingerlakes Marina on Cayuga Lake and have only trolled for lakers, LLs, rainbows and browns. We would like to mix it up a little and try some fishing for bass and perch. I know most don't want to give away their favorite holes, and I don't blame them, but can someone put us on some likely areas for some bass and perch....types of bait to use...water depth...area and structure most likely to hold these fish etc.... Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

mike, there is a big fish derby being held out of Meyers point this week end . if your gonna fish for bass or trout for that matter, think about getting into it. 15 bucks to enter 5 bucks for lunker pool. as far as help with were to go i'm not a bass fisher so i can't help you there, other than i have only ever caught one small mouth in the lake and that was on a flat line,early spring above the boy scout camp. rollie

mike, there is a big fish derby being held out of Meyers point this week end . if your gonna fish for bass or trout for that matter, think about getting into it. 15 bucks to enter 5 bucks for lunker pool. as far as help with were to go i'm not a bass fisher so i can't help you there, other than i have only ever caught one small mouth in the lake and that was on a flat line,early spring above the boy scout camp. rollie

Thanks Rollie. I know about the tournament this weekend. We are still deciding since my son can only fish 1 day and we're wondering if it's worth it since we haven't done very well the past 2 weeks. I hate to only be able to fish 1 day in a 2 day tournament. We might do it anyway though ;)

Try around crowbar , sheldrake and long point w/ crawfish. fish them from the weed edge out to 35 feet on the steep drop offs of the points. It can be tough w/ the wind but we have caught alot of fish in the past that way this time of year. Great fun to catch smallmouths on ultralight light rods.

Catch me at the marina sometime, maybe I can help w/ your trolling presentation. We are a few spots west of the gas pump. Can't miss us, the small boat (23ft) inbetween two 30 plus boats.

John / aka Mower