Old ,Old Big Jons

Ive got a couple real old Big Jon electrics. They look Like the new speed riggers Big Jon makes.One of the motors is getting tired. Anyone got a motor?Ive got a couple new big Jon Capt. Packs that I took off that came with the boat. I like the old riggers much better.Im keeping the new riggers for parts if someone needs something.

stix, 125.00 at big jon new moters have slightly shorter shaft but come with skinner bushing need to watch counter clearence if ya get a new one ,i tore apart one of mine ,not too hard if ya clean upthe armature and replace the brushes if the end bushing(bronze bushing )is shot i have one if ya got the 5" reel ya might call big jon there was other concerns when i talked to em but didnt elaborate as i have 6" reels,moter support (alum. upright) an newer units 3/4 " thats why the shorter shaft and skinner spacer, i might take mine apart again redrill shaft 1/8" in out further to center drive pin in drag/drive disc,also new moters have metel plate with O ring seal over gear box no more spongie soft gaskets w 3 holes and because of that they recomend buying new switch /breaker plastic cover thats a little deeper ,to keep breaker ends a little further from metal for safty 15.00 thin pice of gasket material could act as insulator with old cap and 1/16" gasket mat couldbe used to replace foam gasket ,no longer aval. hey look at it this way ........1 cord of wood = a working downrigger

Well Im not much of a fan when it comes to taking eletric motors apart but I did it anyway.And it works better than it has in years.Cleaned things up polished up the brushes and it works like new. So I guess I dont need a motor now . Thanks for the advice.