Odell & Crescent Lakes Oregon -24 to 9-27

stan

Thursday morning Ken arrived and we quickly hooked my boat to his truck and headed north, the long trip went by quick with all the talking and a stop for lunch on the way north. As soon as we crossed the border the air was think with smoke all the way to our destination. When we arrived we where told there where 2 lighting caused fires, we dumped off our bags at the motel and headed to the lake. Just as we launched you could see the smoke coming across the lake like morning fog. We fished till almost dark with 0 fish to the boat. Friday up at 5 am to be on the water at first light, the marks on the fish finder where far and few between . This was not looking like the Trophy lake I have been use to. Finally

some marks of big Lakers hanging on top of a high spot on the lake bottom. Kens says looks like they might be spawning , so after all the hours of nothing I changed out to my copper line rod . Second pass over the hump and fish on,

came up with a respectable 18lb Laker with a mouth full of Sisco Kid Wrangler. We crossed the hill top so many times we ran off the school sitting on top. The next morning same routine , a whole lot of hours of nothing . Ken drops down to with in 5' off the bottom , after a few hundred feet Ken says fish on and come up with a 4 to 5 lb MacKinaw. Next day we picked up lots of marks and nothing wanted to play. Ken was boarded so set up a Kokanee rod with a peanut on the hooks for bait. After some more hours of nothing he started to feed the ducks and seagulls . With two fish to the boat in four days was not a great fish experience but a great time to hang with a friend. Don't mind saying this was my hardest fishing trip up north in some years

15wj8za.jpg

o8i34x.jpg

2dqqa9x.jpg

21mi8nd.jpg

2n00rgi.jpg

hx6is3.jpg

1zgqert.jpg

2ppxwqt.jpg

mhb9d.jpg

wvbvb8.jpg

21mbztg.jpg

2h54tvn.jpg