where to hunt in the watertown area

lostkause

i am in the fort drum/watertown area and am looking for some places to hunt i have a few places i would like to try but nothing looks real promising also i am trying to find a place to bear hunt any pointers as far as public lands near this area

Fishing from shore in Perch Lake or French creek this time of year isn't all that great, although you would be close to Clayton so if you wanted to drive up to the river the shore fishing is pretty good. Lakeview has quite a bit of land and I can't help much for the fishing I've only ice fished the lake and that was many years ago as a kid, but you will be fairly close to Pulaski and the Salmon River and if you are into Salmon or Steel head fishing there is no better place to be. Good luck with your hunting and fishing if I was still in the area I would offer to take you to some places. Perch lake and French creek both usualy get stocked with phesants so the bird hunting is usualy pretty good. Get a recreation map for Drum, there are a lot of places to hunt there and you can tell just by driving around that there are plenty of deer on the base.