Oregon Oct 23rd & 24th

stan

Pat and I headed up north on Thursday, we arrived at the motel at 4 pm checked in and went across the street to get him a lic. Way to late to fish so I told him what we where going to do on Friday. Up at 6am made the long 1 1/2 mile drive to the lake and not on boat in site. We launched in a down poor with lots of marks and Kokanee balls everywhere we looked. The big Lakers are off the spawn from 3 weeks ago on my last trip.

Right away we hooked up a good double digit Laker, with in a few seconds he was gone. The line had broke about 4" above the Cisco Kid Wrangler I had on. Reset and Pat had 3 more fish but it was not meant to be today. Just about 15 min before dark he pulls up a 3 pound pup , his first ever Laker.

Saturday back on the water at 7am , the water was like glass and not to my liking. I like some chop on the water and after 3 hours the NE wind came up and things are starting to look good. A few of my local friends came by in there boat and asked how things are, when the copper rod fires off with a great pull. Pat garbed the rod and started to reel in 600' of copper with a hog on the other end. Twenty mins later a 19lb Laker. So in two days of fishing he had lost 5 fish and this one made it worth his long drive from Carson City. This was my last trip up north till spring now.

Keep a tight line and it was a hell of a day at sea Captain

180k1u.jpg

34t75ma.jpg

2ahh178.jpg

2hecao1.jpg

dzgh12.jpg

Way to get Pat on a hog Stan....good job!! Did you ever try the grease traps for Lakers? They sure work here. I ran a couple off the riggers this past week for stripers but didn't have enough time to get them dialed in, as mother nature made it a short trip. We did take one monster hit on a grease trap pulling a custom vibrator fly BW made me but after about 15 sec. it tore off the hook. It was a BIG fish, me thinks ;)