Fair Haven 4/28 shakedown

We got the boat out of storage and worked on getting it ready until 10:30 pm last night. We launched out of the State park around 6:30 am and ran East. 15 minutes after setting up we hit our first fish. For the next three hours we couldn't keep the rods in the water. I lost count after 20 fish. Lots of doubles and one triple. They were all cookie cutter 3-6 lbers except one that weighed 9lbs 4oz on the digital.

We caught fish on everything we had out but the firetiger Smithwick and Billy V's grape ape spoon seemed to always be getting hit. 5-15 fow was best for us and trolling East worked much better than trolling West.

There was lots of nice colored water and temps were around 46 degrees.

The browns were mostly all healthy and chunky. Two had lampreys on them. After the morning Chinese fire drill things settled into a nice pick where we could relax for a few minutes in between fish. I'm guessing we caught around 35-40 fish. This is as good as I have ever seen the spring brown fishing.

Picture082.jpg

Picture077.jpg

Picture072.jpg

Picture057.jpg

Picture074.jpg

Here is a shot of the lamprey that made it into the boat. My friend Dan tried to stick it on my neck when I had my back turned. Dan almost went swimming.

Picture083.jpg

Yea Bill- what a difference a year can make. I was at Bass Pro last night talking to a friend who works there. He said his buddy caught 10 from the pier yesterday morning. Hopefully they stick around a while.

Musky- The reason Ryan is always in the pictures is because he is a rod hog :D .

Musky- The reason Ryan is always in the pictures is because he is a rod hog :D .

Hah! I think he's just getting too big for dear ol dad to muscle around to grab the rods anymore. :D It's good to see you two still on the water together. That's great. ;)