Picture from my back yard deck

kremer01

There are 10 for sure. The story is they migrated from the Seneca herd, but they have been around the area for many, many years. I just moved to this house last year. They are kind of like "pets" now to the neighborhood. The 'hood' is very protective of these white deer. There are only 2 or 3 brown ones that regularly run with the herd of white deer. They have been coming closer and closer to the house now that they are getting used to my 150 lb. American Bulldog - pic in avatar - he is white too! Last month I had one come to within a few yards of my dog snorting and spitting at him - It honestly looked like he thought my dog was one of them - it was really cool to watch how they interacted!

They look great, much better condition than the Depot deer. The ones inside the Depot, regardless of color really do not have much quality feed, no cultivated farmland like the rest of the deer herd outside the fences. What would be really interesting to know is how many of the brown deer in your area are carrying the recessive white gene. There must be quite a few in order to keep the numbers up, otherwise hunting pressure would eliminate many of the whites.

You should coordinate with your neighbors to run tours like they have been at the Depot the last few years. I bet a little rack placed on your puppy could produce a really catchy logo. ;)