My Archery Buck

Well, I had to wait until the last morning of the last weekend to get something worth shooting under my stand. I just wish he wasn't such a bad azz! Maybe, he would have been the largest I have shot with the bow so far.

SU1HMDAwMTMtMjAwOTExMTUtMTAwOC5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAwMTQtMjAwOTExMTUtMTAwOC5qcGc.jpg

Story,

Sunday morning.....I get in the stand around 5:45am. Fog is THICK! It burns off at 8am and I say to myself....OK, I am going to start seeing some deer now! Well, not 20 minutes later I see this guy walking through some thick/high grass. He comes out at 50yards. I range him, draw, bend at the waist, and let the arrow fly. I shaved his back! SOAB! He jumps and trots away and is on the other side of me about 60 yards away, and on the other side of some branches. I break out the HS TruTalker and give it a few breaths and this guy turns and walks right under my stand looking for ANOTHER fight. I put a good shot on him and he went 200 yards and died. This guy was a fighter. His ear is ripped in half. He had fighting scars all over his body. Even though he only had the one half rack I was still proud to get the opportunity to harvest him. He will go on my wall with the other European mounts.