kICKER GAS TANK

Tripleduece50

My kicker is a two stroke. Trying to figure out where to put the tank in my boat. Any one have pics or creative ideas that you have done with your own setups? My thought was to maybe fab a bracket to mount on the transom. unfortunetly my boat does not have a swim platform on it to utilize. Any thoughts?

TD

Whatever yo do, vent the can overboard or close the vent when you are not runnung. The ethanol E10 fumes they have in our gasoline will flow out into the low points of your hull and dissolve the carpet glue and plastics in your downrigger case and spinner beads. I do not know if it affects the plastic in your wiring, but I expect to find out this spring.

I did not get the kicker rod hooked up yet though I did get a good deal on one. The stainless version $25 on e-bay delivered!! So now I need to float the boat to get a water line so I can see where to mount the kicker bracket. Yeah my boat does have a large bow area to put the tank if I had to. The tank also does fit under the back to back seats on the passenger side. I would believe a over board vent would be called for since it is a hard top and I don't want to smell fumes all day fishing. I guess I got a few weeks at least! till it will be needed damn long winters....

TD