too good to be true

fishound

How do I make sure I don't get ripped off in a scam? I found a boat online, a 2005 25' Cobia for $5200.00. Wow, makes me suspicious though, and I don't want to pass up a good deal either. I am new to this and I am learning that boating can be a very effective way of making a large fortune into a small one. Thanks for any advice, Andrew.

I am learning that boating can be a very effective way of making a large fortune into a small one.

Isnt that the truth!

Have the boat surveyed, and hopefully it will answer all your questions.

If I were to buy a boat any distance away I would go through eBay. I already worked out the procedure since I have been looking at the 30'+ boats and some are cheeper then 22-26' class boats. Now I just need a job to afford one. Here's what I worked out. Put a down payment on it through PayPal, if anything goes wrong they can get your money back to you. If you want to get it serveyed, so be it, have the owner do it and make that part of the deal. Tell the owner that you'll pay for the servey and add something to make it worth his while. Tell the owner that you will transfer the rest of the payment in cash, at a notory, at the time of transfer. If at any time the deal looks like it's heading south, you walk away and get the down payment back from PayPal. I would still like to do a deal localy, but you don't find many 34' CC Donzi's around the great lakes.

How do I make sure I don't get ripped off in a scam? I found a boat online, a 2005 25' Cobia for $5200.00. Wow, makes me suspicious though, and I don't want to pass up a good deal either. I am new to this and I am learning that boating can be a very effective way of making a large fortune into a small one. Thanks for any advice, Andrew.

Its a salvage or they forgot a 0 on there. always search comparables online if you want to know the hi and low price. Another good reference is http://www.nadaguides.com/SectionHome.a ... p=0&f=5601