Seneca Sunday 3-7-10

I remember a day last year with 711skwerl in the 16' sylvan Winds kicked up out of the north with 3 -5 footers. We couldnt keep the lines in the releases on the riggers so we just ran some flat lines with a couple sticks and still picked up a couple LL. After an hour we had enough and rode the rollers back to the canal. It was pretty cold that day as well. Just be safe and know your limits to the conditions. P.S make sure your brakes are good going down to the launch its pretty steep. Give us a report when you get back.

Yeah West winds are not to bad. Its the North winds you wanna stay away from on Seneca! They can get the lake rolling pretty good. Brian what will you be fishing for Perch or trout/salmon?

TD

Trout and salmon...I live on Oneida so the freezer is stocked well with perch and eyes. Just got an itch to get out of the shanty and back in the boat.

Well could not launch in the canal...Still to much ice. But I was able to launch at Village Marina. I was a bit concerned with how steep the launch is. The bow pulpit on the front comes really close to the winch frame on steep launches. All went well though. I was delighted first time out fishing with the new to me trophy and loved it. No problems it ran great. It appears to be light on gas. Just another added bonus. Fishing was extremely SLOW! Only 2 fish from about 10am till 3pm, but the first was over 7 lb Landlock. 2nd was probalby around 2-3 pound LL. Kind of figures though it is a High pressure condition weather relating. I did get a water line markes so now I can mount my kicker bracket and get my motor hung on there. Pics to follow...

Jeremy

I made it out around 2:30 this afternoon. After fixing a frozen speedometer we went 3-5 all LLs 18" 30-45 down over 100 fow. All wee spoon bite nothing on flasher and fly. All in all a good first trip of the year. Boat started and floated all day that alone kept me happy :D:D Wish I had more time on the water though. I don't like the village launch either. It is so steep that my boat takes in water over the transom before it floats off the trailer. :o