Running Cables Through Transom

Trolling82

Hooking up cables to kicker. How do I want to go through the transom? I thought about putting a hole about a foot and a half to the right of the kicker and coming out that way. Leaving enough slack so that it won't have any problems raising or lowering. Don't know how to come out above it with a circle that won't kink when you lower it.

I ran all my electrical cables,along with the throttle and shift cables, from the control box up front, to the transom.I then drilled a hole in the transom above the kicker,and left a few feet of slack for the wire harness and controls,I slid a rubber boot over all of them and affixed it to the transom.

It made for a nice neat install,and the motor can be moved and tilted to it's full range with no problems.I ran the fuel line thru a separate hole with a bulkhead fitting. It all works very well. If your running shift cables through,it's best to make a complete loop with them to give you more rage of movement.

Here's a picture of my setup.

IMG_1581.jpg

Big Easy. I am going through the same process. Is that an Adventure Marine outboard bracket? I am looking at that direction for mine. If so, do you like it? Any problems on the install?

I plan on doing the same with the rubber boot through the transom with my kicker cables.

Thanks for the response.

Sorry Trolling82 for hijacking.

Ray

Thanks.

Yes it is an Adventure Marine bracket.I have one full season on it,and love it.I ran kickers before on my last boats,always on adjustable brackets,and they were okay, but I'll never go back to an adjustable again.

This is just so much more solid,all nicely welded 1/4" aluminum,and has plenty of setback so that tilting the kicker up all the way is no problem.I think they rate it for a max of 140 pounds,but that must be a liability thing,because when it's thru-bolted to the transom it will hold a heck of a lot more than that.It's very well made. I can't think of anything bad about it.

At the height it's mounted,I can tilt the kicker completely out of the water when it's time to run with the I/O,and get it plenty deep enough in the water when it's time to troll.

I can't think of any negatives other than it's a bit expensive,(approx $325.0) but hey, I guess that's the price of boat ownership.