First time up this year or this early in the year

It looks like I will be putting the boat in this weekend for the season on the little salmon river (weather permitting). I have been fishing Lake O for about 15 years, but I have never fished this early. I am usually up towards the end of May

My main goal is to wash and wax the boat prior to putting it in for the season. But I am hoping to get out for a few hours on Sunday morning.

What tactics and presentations would you guys reccomend?

The weather forecast is not good. Not coming up now. I wish I could have made it up last week. Oh well. It looks like the last weekend in April will be my next opportunity to get on the water.

Gotta Bite:

We usually come up for a week the first of May every year. The fishing and weather are usually pretty cooperative. EARLY mornings are the best. Fish until about 10:30 and relax at camp after that. Evenings can be good for walleyes too at this time of year. Fish stickbaits off boards and spoons off riggers and you'll catch them.

Bob

I have the Pa. opener this weekend. I have to look forward to catching 7" stocked brookies this Saturday. Yipee! but it's better than the alternative of not fishing at all and I do get time to fish with my father who I don't fish with all that often. I am trying to get him in my boat up on Lake O. I would like to see him hook into a big one. He's in his 70's and can't take the bumps too well because of his back. Hopefully he'll be up with me on a calm day. Thanks for your replies guys.