kicker motor help

has anyone mounted a kicker on a Sea Nymph ss175? the transom seems to only have room for the 70 hp that on there. I was thinking of using a kicker mount but i dont think i can access the inside where i would have to place the nuts on the bolts. i will try to put some pictures up. The boat is getting a new cover made right now and is not in my possession so im not totaly sure about not being able to get inside the wall but almost positive. Also wondering if i would need a long shaft.

tw4_i.jpg

fbsr0.jpg

My 1984 Sylvan has a very similar transom. The way I solved the problem was by using a Garelick transom bracket installed on the higher left side.(The left side because the remote cables of the kicker come out the kicker's right side).The kicker ended up about 12 inches away from the transom when lowered.I had to use a long shaft because the movement of the waves will often lift the lower unit out of the waves.With a long shaft that problem is solved. Steering should be done using an EZ steering bracket

The result of my kicker experiment is that I now have what is probably the only long shaft remote controlled 1964 9.5 horse Evinrude on this side of the Mississippi.

Not exactly on top.

Here is a website which very precisely describes how to attach the kicker bracket to the transom.

In my case as in yours the #10 picture shows very clearly what it looks like.

The website will show you step by step how to install the bracket for your kicker.

http://www.garelick.com/files/12.185.pdf

Getting inside those walls is simple.you should be able to get to them from inside the boat from the side of the tank.If you have plastic fuel tanks,just pull them over to the side.

Hope this helps.

My tank is in the floor. But the wall contiune inside the boat. I guess i may just have to cut into them with a hole saw in the storage area.

Before you do any cutting,you should check very carefully whether there any nuts bolts or staples that hold the sides in place (probably under the cover carpeting).

I think that you should be able to take this thing apart without having to cut it up.