Observer registration in LOC during Pro/Am

A question came up concerning a situation where a LOC qualifying fish was caught during a Pro/Am. The question: is the observer required to be registered in the LOC to allow the fishing team, the observer is observing on, to be able to register the fish in the LOC.

I spoke to Dave Chilson from LOC and his reply was "Yes" the observer MUST be registered. He offered to have forms at the Captain's meetings for OBSERVERS to register. He stated that he will issue a one or two day pass FREE of charge for the OBSERVERS ONLY, to be used during the PRO/AM only. A list of observers will be generated for confirmation. The bottom line is , as always, that all persons on the boat must be registered in the LOC to enter a fish in that tournament. All Pro/Am and LOC rules still apply. The observer is considered just that, an observer, and not a fishing participant.

Also there will be an announcement at the captain's meeting concerning this issue.

The intent of this action is to allow a team to enter a qualifying fish in the LOC when caught during the PRO/AM. The integrity of both tournaments should be maintained by all participants.

I want to thank Dave Chilson for being very cooperative in offering the FREE Observer Pass. When you see Dave at the Captain's meeting you may want to thank him for being flexible on this issue.

To avoid Dave from being inundated with questions, I will offer to collect responses from you and bring them up at the captain's meeting. You can PM me through this site if you wish or you can email me at [email protected]

Just trying to address a situation before it happens......

Good Luck to all participants.

Bob, thanks for the reply. This question came up and I thought I might address it with the LOC. Dave Chilson of the LOC and Mike Waterhouse of the Orleans Pro/Am have discussed this. Mike will mention it at the captain's meeting.

Again thanks

At the next Captain's meeting with Mike would you ask him to put the times of meetings and weigh-in marinas for the various ProAms on the web site. I've had a dickens of a time trying to get the info. Thanks