connecting kicker to main motor

Rovente

Anyone ever connect your main to the kicker using a homemade bracket? My kicker is mounted on an ajustable motor mount. Any advice? Because I have it mounted on the ajustable bracket, does that mean I have to mount it to the shaft of the motor? Can you connect a bar to the cowl hoods instead?

Ok guys help me out, is this such a rookie question that nobody wants to type it out or is there 1000 diffrent answers? I want to go as cheap possible I know they sell a connector for 30 bucks that hooks to a teleflex steering from my main. will that work for this? or do I need the 250 dollar connector that mounts onto the shaft. Look at the pictures below.

I don't think you'll be able to get the cheep one to mount to the front of them. I think the clearances are just too tight. There might be enough for limited clearance, the only problem is if you start hitting with the rod you'll loose the range. You can mount them up on the back of the motors, but like you said, you would have to drill through the cowlings. The problem with the cheep connector is they were meant to be used on motors that are both mounted on the transom. They just aren't designed to go around tight corners, like you have. That's the reason they came up with the EZ Steer.

Thanks guys, if anyone has a used ez steer connector I am intrested I don't want to pay over 200 for a new one. I think I can weld one up, They seem to work on a ball joints at the ends so you can adjust trim and the connectors look something like an air hose connectors...

Cabela's has another bar that you bend to fit your boat's engines. I have been using it for a year now and am satisfied with it. It connects the steering arms and allows tilting engines separately. I picked it up after three EZ Steer connecting rods went apart and swimming at a very high cost.