Going up a week from Thursday and fishing through Saturday with a few friends. I ussually go to the Oak but havent heard much talk yet of the Oak. Do I change my routine and go west to Olcott or stay at the Oak for kings. If I go to Olcott where is a good place to stay and also have a few beers. Anyone have any reports from Oak Orchard.

Paul

Dale,

Thanks, With all the great reports from last week thats a no brainer, im just used to fishing the Oak. have you been out much Dale? The boat is running excellent and finally got the gelcoat looking like new again after wet sanding. I think we are going to stay in Olcott and head west. I saw a couple of motels in Olcott, does anyone have any input on where to stay, would like to keep the boat in the water and somewhere close to have a beer. Anyone else going to be up there the end of next week?

Paul

Paul, go west of Point Breeze, unless things change by the next few days. Fished the Oak today and the water was cold 48 degrees and colorless. East wind had the water cleared up from the big blow we had over the weekend. Saw some good marks out at 70-80 feet but no takers, probably lakers, they just followed. tried spoons and flasher/ flies no hits this afternoon. There have been sporadic periods of good fishing off the oak but not real consistent yet.

Mark