Olcott/Wilson/Bar 5/19-5/22

We fished The waters of Olcott, Wilson, and the Bar for four days,and had one of the most productive spring salmon trips since we've been fishing that area.(18 years).

We also had a chance to meet a couple guys,(Erby Joe & fishfearme)who were a lot of fun to fish with.They were great guys and well informed.We were able to keep in touch with them during the trip and kept each other informed,as to what was working well.

We fished the first day around the Olcott area,and did fairly well,but the action got better each day,as we headed toward Wilson and the Bar area.

Monday and tuesday were absolutely phenomenal with at least 35 fish on monday,and twenty five to thirty on tuesday.

We fished a bit further east of the can than Erby did,(3 miles),but the fishing was just as hot.

Most of our kings were in the mid to high teens,with several of them over 16 pounds.

Our best was a big fat king that was a bit over 26lbs, and a few others from 19 to 20lbs.

Our biggest fish all came on flashers and flys.Echips and spin docs in white and mtn dew were hot,with flies in double aqua and hammer patterns being the best.

As for the rest,just read Erbys report,it's a carbon copy of what we were using.I've included a few pics.

IMG_1070.jpg

26.4 lb king

IMG_1071.jpg

20lb king

IMG_1062.jpg

Olcott king

IMG_1072.jpg

Erby and pal John with doubles

where is that camera zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz mmmmmmmmmmm maybe i should of tried em before i licked em clean,clean...hey im doing a 3 day derby with powerdriver harrington kinda like riding a blind horse gotta keep reining him to stay on the path,gumbys going too ,too