Raising weights a few feet on Mag 5 HS riggers?

chowder

I don't seem to be able to just raise the weights 5-10' feet on my new Mag 5HS riggers? When I hit the switch they just come up to the surface. On my older Mag 5 riggers it seems like I can hold my finger on the toggle and they will raise until I let go. What am I doing wrong?

Yea - what Tom said. Actually - you probably have to hold the switch down for around a second, otherwise it will continue to come up. Just tapping the switch will cause a jerky retrieve. This was the hardest thing for me to get used to when switching from Mag 10's to HS's. I believe the very new versions of these have a "soft start" feature built in. I don't know if this can be added to mine though.

My first time w/ the #**# things I tired to raise em a little but they kept coming, so I touched the down toggle and what I got was the weight started dropping, so I hit it up and it started coming all the way up, so I hit it down, and down she went, so I hit it up and that's when a good brown grabbed my spoon- so... now whenever things are slow I try to raise one of my new corner riggers!

Well, that is a good way to get one to hit. The up thing is mormal. Hitting the up will start them up and the auto up "short stop" feature will keep them coming up until you stop them. However, if they keep going down on their own after you hit switch down, something is wrong, unless of course, you are not taking your finger off the down switch. When they are coming up, you should just have to depress the switch down briefly and then let off the switch and they should stop right there.