" TEAM PEGASUS " (l.o.u.s.e.r.s.) sweeps " NIAGRA PRO/AM"'

Well we all know what happens when our team gets togeather , focuses, planes, and excutes a smooth thought out stratigy that no other team can possably figure out...WE WIN !!!!!!!!!

Yes!

Well We arrived late Thursday so prefishing was out and a Stop at "Mattys resturant" in Wilson started our trip with the best desserts in NY.

Friday we got on the water (casey my son ,Musky and me), and laid out a failproof stratigy that No other team could figure out.

Feeling secure in our plan it was off to the Captians / Observers meeting in Wilson for orderbs ,commaraderie , and seeing old faces and friends from previous years of Derby fishing.

Day 1 saturday was the" time to shine for us" we (Jason,Musky and me) followed our plan with the confedence of a well trained solder heading into a mine field of fish...

Our setup was perfect and failproof within 5 Hours we get our first fishon . Yes our plan is comming togeather as Jason grabs the rod screaming and reeling like a little girl.

Well their was no need for a net with jason on the rod as the fish swims to the boat,sticks out its tounge ,and swims away to freedom.

within just a mear hour we get our second hit screaming away from the boat, once again Jason shows his strength on the rod and his thumb on the reel stops and pulls the 4 lb steelie 6 ft out of the water , again this fish showed his displeasure with our hooks stuck out his tounge and swam away after his free ride to the surface.

With a mear couple hours left to fish it was game on!!!!

I sent jason to his seat as Musky continued his precision straight circles and pulled in 3 fish blindfolded (musky not me he musta been!) all to small to keep so we end day one and run the 5 miles in 2 to 3 ftrs back to the weighin with a perfect score sheet..................

Yup not a mark on it!!!!!

So the weighin was quick for us as we proudly stood out in front of God and everybody Including the new national T.V. cameras and crew.

Luckly sunday was a blowoff so we didnt need to defend our title of ::::::::

LAST PLACE WITH "O" FISH!!!!!! to weigh in.

This was our first perfect sheet with no messy fishy smell in our derby attempts..and we won the destinct honor of the "DONUT AWARD"

Yes folks we actually won som money and hopefully a box of donuts...

With that said we had a great time and maybe i got some ammo for a team PEGASUS (former L.O.U.S.E.R.S. hmm maybe not) story....

Overall it was a GREAT TIME !!!!!!! and our first of 4 Pro/ Am derby is in the books (at the bottom)

So as I always say do yourself and some friends a favor Get Into One of these Great Events ( Pro/Am derbys) and you too might be sitting with my team and I enjoying a fresh box of Donuts !!!!! Ill buy the coffee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TEAM PEGASUS (Greek for fluffy unicorn)

Musky bomb,

Jerkin jason,

and me (Capt. Buffy)

Thank You to all the folks involved in makin these great events a sucess tho a few bumps are being worked on We had a great time and look forward to see you all next week at Orleans minus the wind and rain.... And at the end of that derby Hopefully our team will be supplying the coffee not the DONUTS !!!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't easy out there guys! EVERYONE struggled. Like you said above its all about the great time we have during these events. Sorry I wasn't at the captains meeting (stupid wedding) (not mine). I'm sure I will see you this weekend if your going to be there.