Ruff Rider - Sodus - Sat 6/12 - midday

The fishing in Sodus remains dead. The thunderstorms wouldn't let us out early, but we got out from 11-3pm. There were bait pods in 120fow, 160fow, and 200fow. I didn't mark a single hook with them though. Normally this time of year there are a few steelies to be had, but I couldn't find them. It got snotty around 2 and we packed it up and trolled in. The fleas started to show up a bit on the divers, so it won't be long now.

Out of the people I talked to there was the occasional coho/small king (5lbs) caught out in 250 fow. But for most Sodus continues to be dead water. Hopefully the fish will find the bait soon. Be back at it in a couple of weeks.

Nick

Nick, we tucked behind LeRoy to ride out the tstorm, and hit the lake about 7 a.m. got a nice atlantic off the wire on a 2 setting 175 ft. of wire. hit 2 chick kings on same 1 side 200ft of wire out, other side 250 ft. of wire. 2 settings all day. last chick came off the rigger at 45 feet. running green/black/silver nk's. fished about 160 ft. of water. feel free to give us a call when you see us out there. We're in the little (17ft.) lund with the standup top. Boat name is Rebel Bandit. I'm Brian, and our skipper is Ed. Usually just the 2 of us.

Hey Brian,

Yeah I think I saw you guys out there. Myself and a bunch of us usually hang on CH.9. Feel free to join in as we usually tell eachother where the fish are (should be).

Nick

Hey Guys, This is Dave, my boat is "Sea Note" I'll be out in Sodus this coming weekend, I have some cousins from Canada coming down and I really hope I can find a few for them to pull in. I'm friends with Captain Mike on the Orca charter and will be checking with him to see where he's finding them if he is. I'll give a shout Sat AM and see who's around. I have been working the Hamlin/ Sandy Creek area and it's slow out there too, just 1 rainbow for several trips out.

Best of luck.