Copper leaders

Does it matter if I use mono vs fluoro for leaders? I have been having zero luck pulling fish off copper, and I wonder if it is how the line is laying in the water. I am currently using mono for leader material. Mono floats, fluoro sinks......so I am wondering if the parabolic curve of my leader is wrong, with my bait riding above the terminal end of the copper? Need some help, I have zero confidence in my copper set-ups and the guys in the boat are riding me every time I pull it out (insert joke here) and then return it to the cuddy where it usually stays.

i highly doubt the mono floro makes a difference on how your lure is riding... either your not fishing over fish or your not putting it in there face! .. i would feel 100% confident in leaving the dock with just wire divers and coppers...

I totally agree with Jeremy on this one. Some mornings, the riggers are silent and the divers and copper can't stay in the water.

Gill-T,

What are you running on your coppers? What length coppers are you running?

I have two short segments for this time of year 110', 125', plus a 300', and a 400'. I usually run a spinnie/fly off them because they off on otter boards by themselves.

The short coppers (100, - 200), I run strictly with spoons. I never had luck running spinnies off them up that high. The 300 and 400 should be going with spinnies. Last season, my 500 was the best copper. The season before, 300 was killer and the 200 and 400 we a close second and third. I have had more hits running spoons off of all my coppers. The bigger fish have come off the spinnies and Atommiks.