Legacy

So we are fishing Sunday at the Orleans Pro Am, and we were having a blast. The bite was good, we were all laughing, and then it happens! Wire starts throbbing. Rob (Legacy) runs over and grabs the rod. The drag starts to sing. Rob looks at my brother and I and says "this one has shoulders!" Oh OK, then take it easy on him was my thought. A few minutes later and we see the dipsey. Hmmmm.......something doesn't look right! Shortly there after a 22" Steelhead hits the deck. LMAO! Shoulders huh? Let's just say he didn't forget about that the rest of the day.

We had a 29" Atlantic (10+ lbs) hit a core off a big board, I was on the rod and was claiming the entire time it was a "shaker skippy" and that I was hoping it would be big enough to box, then it reaches the back of the boat and I was WRONG !!!

You're not alone Rob, same thing happened to me on pre fish Friday with a similar size steelie on the 450 copper. I'll get razzed the rest of the season for that one. We were tripled up, and I yelled at the other guys to crank down the drags and horse theirs in cause mine was BIG and we needed it for our Friday box.

Well, they did and when my fish got within sight I couldn't believe my eyes.....6 1/2 pound steelie :rofl::$:rofl::$

It happens dude...lol Some of those Steelies are bad azz this year!!